When CRISIS can build LOYALTY…

One of the blogs I regularly follow is Seth Godin.  Why Seth?  He has a very no-nonsense way of putting things in plain english for all of us to understand about marketing, customers and a host of other interesting topics.  I was thinking the other day about a particular topic to talk about – how to handle a crisis with a customer to actually build MORE LOYALTY.  And wouldn’t you know it, Seth happens to write an interesting blog entry on just that topic.

Rather than repeat what Seth said in “Winning on the Uphills” post, I just wanted to share this with you and add my 2 cents.  The key in this to me is hat we all have the “moments of truth” many call them where things are in a shambles and look like there is no light at the end of the tunnel (except the oncoming train) and we don’t know what to do.  The key here is to “rally the resources” and demonstrate what you are really made of – delivering a great customer experience.

It reminds me of my days back at IBM when something would go wrong with a system or an installation (I was in sales and sold their big iron to big companies).  They didn’t sit around and blame or point fingers or try to convince the customer it was their problem, NO, they put “people in planes” and flew them in to solve the problem.  The customers LOVED it and we earned more LOYALTY that day than all the other days where we just kept them happy.

Morale of the story – use the worst of times and the crisis to demonstrate what it is your customer wants – focus on their issue and resolving it in the heat of battle.  And you don’t have to do this very many times – only once in a while and you earn a lot of Loyalty Points in their eyes.  So “man up” and show them what you’ve got…

No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)
17 Responses to When CRISIS can build LOYALTY…
  1. Carpet Cleaning In Melbourne
    April 10, 2014 | 12:23 am

magnificent isues altogether, yoou just won a brand
    new reader. Whaat may you suggest about your publish that
    you simply made some days in the past? Any sure?

2. Hotel melbourne Australia
    April 10, 2014 | 7:23 am

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting
    my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get set up?
    I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?

I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3. open vpn
    April 19, 2014 | 12:22 pm

Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search
    Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog tto rank for some targeted
    keywords but I’m not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.
    Many thanks!

4. best nutritional supplement
    April 27, 2014 | 9:26 am

Actually no matter if someone doesn’t be aware of afterward its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here
    it occurs.

5. blade sharpening
    May 1, 2014 | 1:31 am

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your website.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it
    much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Outstanding work!

6. submit your proxy site
    May 1, 2014 | 3:13 am

Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization?
    I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some
    targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good success.
    If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!

7. Vinetrekker.com.au
    May 5, 2014 | 8:14 am

Hey just wanted to give you a quick hears up. The text in your article seem to be running offf the screen
    in Ie. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility
    but I figured I’d post to let you know. The stylee and design
    look great though! Hope you get the problem fixed soon.
    Thanks

8. chris ashenden The kiwi
    May 13, 2014 | 1:16 am

If you do your cleanse and eat a healthy diet with mostly fruits and vegetables and very little red meat or no meat at all you will feel lighter.
    The volume of raw spinach (like all other fresh garden
    greens) is deceiving. I think most of us bought into this
    promotional title Superfoods but when last time the ‘mortal’ continental cucumber was claimed to be one
    of the Superfoods, I woke up.

9. Randell
    May 15, 2014 | 2:51 am

I think the admin of this web site is in fact working hard in favor of his site, since here every information is quality based
    stuff.

10. Watch ufc 173 Barao vs. Dillashaw
    May 15, 2014 | 7:21 pm

I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing problems with your site.

It appears as though some of the written text in your content are running
    off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as
    well? This could be a issue with my web browser because I’ve had
    this happen before. Kudos

11. shredder
    May 21, 2014 | 5:29 am

What i do not realize is in fact how you’re not actually a lot
    more well-preferred than you might be right now. You’re
    very intelligent. You understand thus significantly in relation to
    this matter, made me personally consider it from a lot
    of various angles. Its like women and men are not interested unless it’s one thing to do with Lady gaga!
    Your indiidual stuffs nice. Always deal with it up!

12. Nick
    July 5, 2014 | 6:32 pm

The more you can reduce the damage caused by free radicals with antioxidants,
    the more your can reduce or even prevent damage. There are a few factors you want
    to consider when purchasing a superfood drink powder.
    In a 2006 research study, it was discovered that reading and
    math skills were a stumbling block to deciphering the confusing labels on many foods.

13. Real racing 3 cheat
    July 6, 2014 | 12:19 pm

one of the highlights will be the meet and greet
    with Pete Best. This is where the difficulty of the
    Taiwan enterprises turn to the domestic lies.
    Here are some tips to help you safely drop 3,
    500 from your regular routine:.

14. ลดความอ้วน
    October 30, 2014 | 3:19 am

Hiya very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful ..
    I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?

I am happy to find a lot of useful information right
    here within the post, we’d like develop extra techniques
    in this regard, thank you for sharing. . .
    . . .

15. opzionibinarietecniche
    December 13, 2014 | 12:00 pm

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by
    searching for attention

16. domace vijesti
    May 18, 2015 | 4:58 pm

Definitely imagine that that you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be at the web the simplest thing to
    take into account of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed
    whilst other people think about worries that
    they plainly don’t recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , people could take a signal.

Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

17. This is my first time go to see at here and i am genuinely
    impressed to read everthing at one place.